If your schedule is anything like mine, you hardly have enough time to let your Keurig heat up in the morning let alone time to stop and eat breakfast. I have a delicious on-the- go solution that will keep you full and give you energy all morning long! I got the idea from my nanny mom and then adapted the recipe to my liking.
– 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
– 1 cup creamy peanut butter
– 1/4 cup coconut flour
– 1/4 cup coconut oil
– 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or light brown cane sugar depending on what you prefer)
– 1/2 cup flaked coconut
– pinch of salt
What to do:
– Start by cooking quinoa. When it has been cooked, remove from heat and add melted coconut oil and coconut sugar. Spread out on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in oven at 400 for about 20 minutes occasionally stirring. Broil for 5 minutes (or until golden brown and toasted).
– Mix peanut butter, flour, salt, coconut flakes and quinoa together in a bowl until completely incorporated adding additional flour and sugar as needed to shiver desired consistency. (I prefer consistency that is a little more wet than if you were making a pie crust.)
– Roll balls that are approximately 1 inch in diameter and store in an airtight container. They keep on the counter or refrigerated for about a week.