It seems like many people I know have had a bad experience with talapia fish. All I’m saying is that you should try making it like this before deciding to never eat it again (it won’t let you down!)
– 2 fresh talapia filets (or thawed if frozen)
– 1 clove of garlic thinly chopped or minced in a press
– olive oil
– juice from one lime
– dried basil flakes
– Himalayan pink salt
– lemon pepper
– 2 Tbs. grass fed butter
What to do:
– Preheat oven to 375.
– Spray glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place both fish filets in dish.
– Sprinkle each fish with lime juice and olive oil, then top with garlic, salt, pepper, and basil.
– Cook for 10 minutes, then top each filet with a tablespoon of butter, return to oven and cook 10-15 more minutes until fish is flakey and cooked all the way through.
I like to serve mine with a sweet potato and spaghetti squash, but you can get really creative with sides… I may try roasted Brussel sprouts next time!