1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
2/3 cup of any starch (corn, potato, tapioca)
2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 cup powdered sugar or some form of sugar substitute
2 tsp bloomed chia seeds
2 Tbs ground flax seed
1 Tbs baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 Tbs vanilla extract
3 Tbs melted coconut oil
3-4 cups of any type of milk (I used skim bc that’s what we had)
What to do:
Because of the nature of the ingredients in this recipe it’s really important to blend everything as follows…
1. Put the chia seeds in a cup and add about 1/4 cup of water. Set aside stirring occasionally to let the seeds bloom.
2. In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients including flax seeds.
3. In small bowl mix wet ingredients except coconut oil. Add in bloomed chia seeds.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and after thoroughly mixing, add coconut oil and stir until well blended. You may find that the mixture is a bit too thick for pancake batter consistency, so add a little milk as needed.
5. Using a metal pan, spray with cooking spray and make sure to respray In between each pancake or they will stick to the pan and become a mess. Before you flip, you have to make sure you’ve lifted the entire pancake from the pan on all edges.
6. Serve with a sprinkle of stevia or agave nectar and fresh fruit, and enjoy!
Yields roughly 14 pancakes